Monday, November 21, 2011

Nov. 21 a rambling letter of love...

To all of you expecting a nice hefty letter to tack onto the previous ones, I apologize, but this one will be a little shorter, or at least less beefy (speaking of beef, mom I still need the recipe for curry chicken).

Hello friends and family!
This past week has been pretty good, but it was also non-spectacular (at least, there is nothing big in particular which I feel the need to mention; nothing which has been so incredible that it will take up an indomitable amount of space like unto that which has been seen heretofore in my letters). I have mentioned almost everything note up to this point, and so without any specific questions from any of you regarding the scenery, people, lifestyle, or anything else, I will invariably have to ramble on in what I hope is an interesting manner. A way in which I can keep you all entertained while still painting a picture of my life here; leaving nothing left out which would be thought of by any of you to be interesting or important. If I leave anything to be desired, please do not hesitate to inform me of that which you would have me say, describe, or otherwise reveal to you. I have no problems in finding the desire to write you long letters (as can be gleaned from the paragraph herein which conveys little new information; rather it continues on in a form of speech not fit so much for oral conversation but rather for long, boring letters containing interesting words which are fun to write and read; the aforementioned reason aside, it gives nothing except unnecessarily long sentences giving no more information than a more simple way of saying exactly the same thing, just less blandly), however, I can and will run out of things to write about if I do not have topics or questions suggested to me beforehand. 

Before I continue, I do want to share a small experience upon arrival to Zimbabwe en route to the transfer house. We were driving along the road (utter chaos surrounding us, while I am in the corner of the car, seeing oncoming traffic in the right lane, instead of the left), and as I looked to the right, in a field there were some Zebras and a Giraffe. It was pretty awesome to see that. Sadly, I have not seen another sight akin to that involving wildlife in the area, as the game reserves are controlled tightly, and not much is allowed to roam free near cities.

I have been reading recently in Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage and I find the book to be insightful (obviously) and interesting (no duh). I good read, and I would suggest it to any of you in need of a good book to read; although most of you will probably need to keep a dictionary next to you (not because of any failings in the area of intelligence on your part, but largely due to the level of language contained therein). I am thoroughly enjoying my Mission thus far, and plan on continuing in the pursuit of such an experience throughout my stay here in Zimbabwe.

On both Christmas and Mother's day, I will be allowed to call home (for an amount of time which has not yet been revealed to me) and I would imagine that any who are listening in will notice a quite dramatic change in the way I speak. I have had to slow down my speech a bit, and do things such as roll my r's, emphasize t's, etc. It is quite interesting, and somewhat funny to hear myself speak.

On my way to the email shop, only 2 hours ago, we stumbled across a corner of the road selling sculptures made out of stone. They were very good looking, (I will include some pictures in this weeks emails) and they were very well priced. The artist had a variety of different sculptures (all amazing). I bought 2: a Lion and Lioness. I have included pictures in this email of the artist and of the pieces I bought. 

We have a baptism coming up this week, and have 8 people who are ready to be baptized. The question is whether they are willing to go to the effort, as some took quite a while to even come to church. Others will need permission from a parent in order to do it. I am really hoping that everything works out with all of them, but there are about 2-3 that are most likely getting baptized, and 1-2 that will for sure.

This area is really growing fast, and I am so excited to be a part of it. I am so glad that I am able to be here; it seems so weird to think that I am in Africa right now! If any of you have questions, concerns, stories to share with me, or anything else, feel free to send it/them. I am much faster at typing than my companion and as a result, I need to sit here for a while reading after I finish. He has more people who write him and ask questions I think. . . hint hint, wink wink, cough cough, shrug shrug, smack smack. . . 

good bye all, take luck, and stay well
~Elder Taggart Williams

p.s. If my photos aren't coming through, do let me know, as I can't always tell if they worked. 

p.p.s. To: any of you playing TES:5 Skyrim, (ahem, Dylan)
I know it is amazing, but you need to stop at least for a little while in order to still go to school and stuff. (Sorry, I was supposed to say this last week, I forgot)
-- 
Remember: Pray always, and look to the Lord. Write often, and live life to it's fullest.

Doubt is the seed of failure. ~Taggart Williams

Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. ~God (D+C 6:36)




NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment