Monday, January 14, 2013

Jan. 14, 2013


1st, on saturday night, I had a dream depicting myself teaching 2 people. In the dream, what I was teaching was not really getting to the man until I turned the focus on the woman. (When teaching, due to the mission's focus on fathers, I, naturally, focus on the father). I thought that the dream was in reference to teaching someone I know back home. As I got into a tracting lesson on sunday with bro dandara (our high priest group leader), I knew he had a bit of a tendancy to go deeper into doctrine than needed, and that I had never taught owith him on splits before, so I said a prayer that we would both be directed by the spirit, and that we could teach in unity. Near the beginning, the dream I had came strongly to mind, and I felt the impression to shift the focus to the mother, and, bippity, boppety, boo, things started moving. The lesson was very powerful and I felt the familiar push to stop speaking and brother Dandara was ready each time with the right info/testimony etc. It was very cool experience, and I surely felt the hand of the Lord. . . now to go back on wednesday! =P

Last night, my companion and I  were getting on a combi to head home for the last time in the week, and as we got on, I heard someone at the back of the combi (the seat behind me) say mormons, mormonism, and many other words in Shona to the person behind him. I was slightly perturbed, and after sitting down, turned over and greeted him. I commented on his 'mormon' centered dialog, and asked what he knew about the church. He responded that he had heard some things, and I told him that not everything you hear is true. I asked what he had heard, and he loosely mentioned the Prophet Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. After talking to him a while it came out that he was actually a member. He had been baptized, but as he said he had never really received an answer about the Book of Mormon. Over the course of the combi ride home, I spoke to him about how he could really come to know the truth for himself, and the way his answer would come. The spirit was there, which was surprising for the environment, and I saw a definite change on his face when I exited the vehicle. He said he would come and visit us so that we could speak more. I know not if I will see him again, but I hope that I was able to make a positive impact and point him in the way he needs to go on his search for truth.


New quote from yours truly: "People do stupid things. Stupid people do stupid things again."

Anywho, nice week
love you all, even if you didn't write me! (but those of you who did write get an extra blessing, and maybe a kit-kat too. well, probably not the kit-kat)

~Elder Williams

--
Remember: Pray always, and look to the Lord. Write often, and live life to it's fullest.

Doubt is the seed of failure. ~Taggart Williams

Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. ~God (D+C 6:36)


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment