Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas 2012

Fah! lahlala fah lalala Ding Dong Ring Rong Fing Fong Sing Song malalalalalala merry christmas! farararararararara merry christmas. . . DING, RONG FING, SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yup
It is that time of the year
to top it off! the world is over!
oh wait? it isn't? what is this? the mayans apparently didn't predict the end of the world. . . big surprise. . . =(

well, it's ok, because it is CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

This just in! This last week was a good one! we had an investigator we haven't been able to see for a week or so and were ready to drop him if he didn't come to church saturday morning comes around, and we set him as an appointment around 3. We got a call from a random number that didn't respond upon call back at around 8am that morning. Turns out, it was him. We get to his house, and he says "Oh good! you came. Rumbidzai (the other person we found him through) is waiting for us". Now, we are like "what? how did he know we were coming?" so, Rumbidzai apparently still wasn't interested, but we were able to hep him out, and he was at church on sunday!

For those of you who remember my attempted farewell talk (the one that was supposed to be 10 minutes and was like 5) and how I really hate speaking. . . Well, last week I was approached by our bishop and was asked to give a talk. I said sure, and got the topic: The atonement of Christ. I prepared the talk mostly by just thinking about the atonement, and picking about 2-3 scriptures about different sections.

Might I say, when I got there and there were 3 speakers including me, and the other 2 only ysa/youth aged, I was sure my talk would be longer than the 10 min I was told originaly. I was approached by a member of the bishopric and he (a powerful RM, Brother Tadokera) told me sorry, but my talk would need to be about 25 minutes. I felt prepared, however. When the time came, I was ready. My talk started with the allusion between sin and leprosy (using the story from mark 1:40-42 about the leper being cleansed) and moved into how the atonement helps us in our lives, what it entailed, what we need to do etc. I was doing well, when brother tadokera put a note on the pulpit saying I could cut at 10:55 (I started at about 10:40) because they had another speaker show up. So, around that time I wound down, even though I could have kept going with the subject. I really enjoyed it and it showed me what happens when you really rely on the Lord for assistance rather than relying 'on the arm of flesh'.

Good times. Also, we have a family, the dhomingo's, who are preparing for baptism on jan 12, and we are excited for them! they are doing well and are loving the gospel so far.

Anywho, things are well this side, and we are having one of the senior couples in the mission over for FHE tonight! it is going to be great, and we prepared Cajun Chicken, so it will be delish!


love you all, have a merry christmas, and I will talk to you again once I am 21!
~Witchdoctor Williams


-- 
Remember: Pray always, and look to the Lord. Write often, and live life to it's fullest.

Doubt is the seed of failure. ~Taggart Williams

Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. ~God (D+C 6:36)

No comments:

Post a Comment