Tuesday, August 28, 2012

letter from Mom Aug. 2012


Dear Taggart,

We got a little rain today.  boy would you guys laugh about the amount of rain we got.  In Zim it would seem like someone was playing a joke on you, as if someone splashed you with some water off of their hands.
the fruit is coming on and it is now officially canning season.  It is my favorite way to appreciate  home grown produce.  I am very happy about it.  Athen and Aren remember that you like to eat "all of the pears"  and they love peaches so they fit well into this season too.  We are off to AZ this weekend and going to see the cousins.  It will be a quick trip, but fun.  Camping and playing and making white man fires.  Kaitlyn comes out to BYU this week and we won't  get to see her, but maybe Amanda will.  Mackenzie is doing well and has great roommates.  I miss her though.  I love our yard.  I probably have told you that before, but it is one of the ways I feel God's love for me.  it is peaceful and beautiful and it allows me to help in making it that way.  I still need to get dad to make the fort for the little ones but it will be a while still.
trying to get rhubarb to plant in the garden and maybe more grapes this year.  The neighbors have a ton of birds that they love to feed in their yard and consequently we have to deal with them too.  I think they got to the grapes this time.  argh.  Tomatoes will be on soon and I will love making salsa too.
Today at church Aren did a pretty good job staying quiet and within boundaries I set.  while he was sitting on the floor in his kilt, he stopped stood up, lifted his kilt up and showed me his little penis had slipped out of the slit.  I quote, " Oh no Mom, it's broken"  Thurl Bailey was sitting right  next to us and got a good view of what was broken.  so I fixed it and then a little bit later he stood up and said again, "It's broken again".  And of course it was with a flash of the problem.  I then took him into the bathroom took his underwear off and put them on backwards and ouila, no more broken underwear and he can see the cartoon character better too.
Do you remember that you wore your underwear backwards too?  It was so you could see batman, poke man etc.  while you wore them.  I thought it made a lot of sense.
There is a metaphor in that.  Let me know what you come up with.
love you bunches.
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment