Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy singles week! Feb. 13


On Feb 13, 2012, at 5:35 AM, "Taggart Williams" <taggart.williams@myldsmail.net> wrote:


Why hello everyone,
Happy singles awareness day! or for those of you who aren't single, happy Valentines day!
This pas week has been fairly average, but I did finally catch a minute lizard (less than an inch long) so that was cool. Also, we had a GINORMOUS thunder/rain storm on sunday. I literally thought there were explosions when the thunder woke me up. I tried recording it on my camera, but it didn't work well sadly. Suffice it to say, that we don't know what a thunder storm is back in the states... nothing beats the storms in africa, by Enya, or the actual storms in Africa. I mean, this thing was crazy awesome!

My comp and I have been trying to do new things to help the area, so with the new things, we have been dropping ALOT.

We have one investigator named Justice Jerera. His son and he have been investigating separately, and both have been wanting to be baptized. However, the mom doesn't really like us. For the longest time, she would give as an almost rude, cold shoulder even if we said just hello (masquera sei, or makadini if you were wondering). Justice and Prince have been wanting to wait to be baptized until the mom is on board, but this last week we went to see Justice with our Branch President and his wife, (the Chikafas) and talked to him about getting baptized to show the example for his family so that they can see how the gospel will bless the whole family. He agreed to be baptized this coming week, and so we are excited for him. His wife has also recently been being a little more open. She still won't meet with us, but she isn't cold as ice any more, but she may still be willing to sacrifice our love. . . =P

My comp's birthday is this week, so we will be eating out.
onto questions

Grma Twila
How is the Dr situation there? Do you have to go far to get medical help?
Don't know. I know the Mission president deals with things like that, but because of what I know due to my mom, and my plethora of oils I have here, I haven't been sick yet, and have helped others when they started to get sick. I don't think I ever will get sick either, although I would love some Cayenne heat ointment from my mom. . . *hint hint* *wink wink* cuz that would be sweet. But for the most part, Vick's vapor rub or my stash of oils (nick-named my meth lab by a comp =P) is my goto if anyone ever says they don't feel well.
Do they have witch doctors there?
I suppose that's what you could call the Matzi Babas, they are definitely wierd. Suffice it to say, when they heal people it isn't by God's power.
We had a little rain last night, but we would even welcome one of your monsoon downpours.  When is your rainy season over?
For what real rainstorms are, see above. Our rainy season goes until around June I think.


Sorry for the shorter letter this week guys, but I got almost no emails this week, and the week here was pretty uneventful.

Love you all, and thank you to everyone who has sent me letters via mail. I am doing my best to answer them, so just be patient!
Stay well,
Srai Zhakanaka

~Elder Williams

--
Remember: Pray always, and look to the Lord. Write often, and live life to it's fullest.

Doubt is the seed of failure. ~Taggart Williams

Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. ~God (D+C 6:36)

No comments:

Post a Comment