Monday, February 20, 2012

Feb. 20, 2012 Brother Justice

Why hello there everyone, I hope that your week has been nice, because I know that mine was pretty good! This last week, my companion and I took our Branch president and his wife to go see an investigator. Brother Justice Jerera has a strong testimony and knows that the church is true, and his oldest son is also progressing well and talks with friends about the church. The problem arises in Justice's wife. Since we started teaching Prince (the son) she has always given us a cold shoulder, even taking it to absurd rudeness (in ignoring our existence and such) at times. Justice wanted his wife to be on board with the church before he got baptized, and Prince wanted to wait for his dad to get baptized before he would. When we stopped by to see Justice with President Chikafa, we talked about how important baptism is, and how the best way he can help his family to accept the Gospel (most specifically his wife) was to be baptized himself. By setting the example he would be able to bring the spirit more strongly into his home, and to show his wife the blessings the Gospel brings. He agreed and we set him up for baptism the next week: scheduled an interview, and such. This saturday (Feb 18) he was baptized and on the 19th, he was confirmed. His younger son came to church and instantly made friends and is getting involved in the youth programs in the area. Justice was so happy and had the Spirit around him so strongly.

Sunday night we followed up with him and had a short lesson about temples. He loved it. Over the last few weeks, his wife has been seeming more open to us. I think her seeing the branch president and his wife come for a lesson helped her to see that the church isn't just 2 marungus walking around teaching people. It is about families. She didn't join us for the lesson, but she talk to us for a little with a smile on (a real one). This week we are going to try and have dinner with the family, where we will make the food (including the sadza, because I am becoming actually quite good =P). We feel that this will really help her to be open and even to start having the lessons.

Justice already has home teaching assignments and is very happy about it all. He is like a super sponge. So willing to soak everything up, and so ready to share the good he finds with everyone around him. He is probably the first person who has asked us to pray for him and the things he needs who is not only willing to pray for himself, but has been and continually does before he even asked us (that was about 2 months ago). He is such a great guy, and his family will be such a strong addition to the church!

So, that is my schpeal about missionary work this week. As I said before, I am getting really good at making sadza, and will have to make it for all of you once I get home. We have Zone conference coming up this weekend, and that means a few things: FOOD! TALKS! TRAINING! SINGING! PUPPIES! and FUN!
ok, so I lied about the puppies, but other than that it is all going to be there =P

So there is good news and there is bad news. The bad news is that there are no questions this week, and so I can't answer questions. (no questions = no answers)
the good news actually isn't, it is bad news as well. I forgot my camera at the house today so you won't get to see the videos of me getting my butt trashed in wrestling last night or the pictures from this week. Yes, I suck at wrestling, I know (that is usually how it goes down when you know none of the rules or stipulations of a game) so don't make fun of me. I will send those next week. =P

In case any of you don't know, I am allowed to email friends and family, so feel free to shoot me an email and tell me what is up in life. If you send me a letter, I will respond. I won't promise that it will be super duper long, nor that it will be sent the week I get your letter, but I will do my best to respond in good time; my amount of free time varies from day to day, and sometimes there are just more pressing matters, but I always love receiving mail.

I love you all tons, and think of you often.
Srai Zhakanaka!

~Elder Williams

-- 
Remember: Pray always, and look to the Lord. Write often, and live life to it's fullest.

Doubt is the seed of failure. ~Taggart Williams

Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. ~God (D+C 6:36)




NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment