Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The saga begins. . .

October 12th.
This is my first post on the blog, and I am not sure of the format the remainder of the posts will be in, as this is likely one of the few I will directly be posting myself. I leave today to the Missionary Training Center, in about 3 hours. As weird as it is for me to say, I feel nervous. I haven't had much of an appetite the last few days, but have managed to at least get SOME food into my body, mostly in the form of midnight snacks and meals (all after dark of course). It really hit home last night that I will be leaving for two years; that I will not be able to see the family and friends that have thus far made my life the fun whirlpool it has been. I hope to meet many new people and make many new friends in my time away from you all, but never fear that I will forget you. I have a special place in my heart for all of you.

In leaving today, I embark on a journey of both self-awareness, and self-creation; I am taking the next big step on my journey to become that which I have strived to be from the day I was born, and will continue to push towards until I reach the point when I can return to God having done the best that I could have done; being ready to live with Him and all of you for all of eternity. It fills y heart with such joy as I cannot describe with mere words, but I hope that all of you know that God loves you, and wants you, more than anything, to find happiness in this life and the next. I know that the best way to find such happiness as I desire continues here, right now, as I bid you all farewell; as I take a step into the rest of my life. As I leave on my mission, please know that I do so out of a complete and pure desire to serve both God and those who he has chosen for me to bring the Gospel to. I pray that while I am gone, you will all remember me, but more remember these words: I implore you to look to God in all things. I know that most of you will likely think that you are right where you need to be, but remember that the point of existence is progression, and you can always become better than you are right now. Make it a goal to bring yourselves closer to God at all times of your lives.
I leave these things with you, as well as bid you all farewell for 2 years, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment