Monday, September 16, 2013

September 16, 2013


Hello everyone. This letter will be pretty short, so don't take it personal. The week was good, and I am still living. I hope my driving habits will stay legal when I get home =P circumstances. . .

I have thought a bit this week, among other things, about insects. A caterpillar will, when prompted to do so by nature, spin a cocoon in which it will change.

met·a·mor·pho·sis  

/ˌmetəˈmôrfəsəs/
Noun
  1. (in an insect or amphibian) The process of transformation from an immature form to an adult form in two or more distinct stages.
  2. A change of the form or nature of a thing or person into a completely different one, by natural or supernatural means.
I had this come to my mind, so I will share it.

I close my eyes- now darkness prevails
I try to move, but the function fails
I feel the embrace of a well made shell
I wonder what secrets my Maker will tell
From within, I see nothing- but a difference I feel
And oft times I wonder: "Is this truly real?
Am I still myself? The same blood? The same name?
Am I growing and changing, or is this a game?"
The world doesn't know me- it sees not the change
That's happening within me- for now, I am strange
No more will I walk among filth and through grime
Now challenges sought for mountains to climb
The shell starts to weaken- I'm now breaking free
I've become a new creature- I've become a new me
The time is behind me, now lost in the past
The change understood now- emerging at last
I break through the sunlight and breathe in the air
Take flight into new life- astounded I stare
My eyes have been opened- I see what He sees
His work was successful: a Chrysalis for me

Mission is my chrysalis
--
Start Strong: Finish STRONGER!
~Taggart Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment