Monday, November 26, 2012

week before Thanksgiving...

Hello everybody and good morning USA! and everyone else as well!

In my new house, here in Kuwadzana, Harare, we have Myself (Elder Witchdoctor Williams), My companion (Elder Wyler), Elder Hansen, and Elder Tuai (pronounced Duwai). We have been having lots of fun, and this week, for 2 days in a row there was a power problem and so we had no power for those days (luckily my comp and I get DA's and LA's like almost everyday) but we got home on Wednesday, nice and full, for the first night without power. So, what did we do? We did what was natural. We played hide and seek in the pitch black! It was powerful. I was it first, and I grabbed a cushion and used it as my hand and felt around the entire house, every inch, poking for people. My plan backfired because I poked Elder tuai in the face with the cushion like 5 times and didn't realize it wasn't a wall. At one point, I reached towards him and he lifted himself up so that I felt under him, but couldn't see him due to literally no light. It was crazy. I checked the whole house and had only found my comp, and was really confused, because I had checked every inch. Turned out I had also jabbed elder Hansen in a nearly not so nice place but I found them eventually. We continued to play for another hour and then went to bed, but MAN! It was fun!

We also have been playing a lot of chess this week! All 4 of us like to play, so we have too much fun at the end of the day. 

In the area, we have some really cool people that we are teaching. I will just talk about one of them right now: Sister Katsande. Her husband and older son were just recently baptized, and she and her younger son are both investigating the church. We taught her a very powerful restoration lesson on tuesday (she has been mostly not serious before) but she really showed that she wanted to know that our message is true. She is now reading from the book of mormon and praying each day. She is looking towards being baptized on december 8th so we'll see how that goes down.

This weekend we also had stake conference, which consisted mostly of an are broadcast for the Africa south-east area. It was really cool, but my companion and I didn't hear about half of it. We were in charge of ushering for the primary room. The primary room consisted of about 100ish children of age 2-12, all of whom don't want to sit still, stay quiet, and also want to go to the bathroom or go get a drink every 2 minutes. We had to make sure that there was some semblance of order, and let me tell you, it was not easy. But, all is said and done! so, uhh yea. 

love you all tons! don't forget to sleep longer than an elf, and to eat more than a moth, as well as churning enough butter for a braii. 
~Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment